CERTIFIED REGIONAL MAINTENANCE WORKER
POSITIONS: CERTIFIED REGIONAL MAINTENANCE WORKER
DEPARTMENT: MATERIAL RESOURCES
COMPETITION NUMBER: REGCERT1704-01
STATUS: FULL-TIME REPLACEMENT POSITION
DURATION: FROM MAY 2017 UNTIL MARCH 2018
The Kativik School Board provides education to the Inuit of Nunavik. Its facilities are located in the 14 communities on the Hudson and Ungava Bay coasts. Its administrative centre, presently located in Montréal, will ultimately be relocated in Nunavik.
FUNCTION & DUTIES:
The principal and customary work of the employee consists in performing maintenance repairs, preventive maintenance and alteration works relevant to the work practices of several building trades.
• He or she performs and/or assists in performing general maintenance repairs, preventive maintenance and alterations to all equipment and operating systems of the school board buildings.
• He or she must be ready and willing to travel to other communities based on a work duty schedule and/or in an emergency situation.
• If need be, he or she performs any other related task.
• May be called upon to coordinate work done by other maintenance workers
To hold a diploma of vocational studies in a pertinent building specialty for the class of employment or hold a diploma or attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority and have a minimum of 4 years of pertinent experience.
The Board may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the afore-mentioned qualifications if it finds a suitable candidate who is a beneficiary of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) and who accepts, as a condition of employment, to follow a training plan determined by the Board.
Knowledge of carpentry, electrical work, painting, mechanical work and plumbing maintenance repairs.
Experience with heating and ventilation systems and their controls would be a definite asset.
Working knowledge of at least two languages of the Board (Inuktitut, French, English).
To hold a valid driver’s permit
WORK SCHEDULE: 38.75 hrs/week.
CLASSIFICATION / SALARY / BENEFITS:
Certified Workman / 26.73/hr (without dependents) OR $30.25/hr (with dependents) *(this includes northern allowance premium).
In addition to salary, you may be eligible to other benefits such as:
• 20 days of annual vacation
• 2 weeks of vacation during the Holiday season
and, when applicable, other benefits such as:
• summer schedule
• Northern allowance
• Social trips
• Food cargo
All benefits are prorated based on the percentage of the task.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS: 4:00 pm, May 2nd, 2017
SEND APPLICATION BY E-MAIL TO:
You must indicate REGCERT1704-01 in the subject
of the e-mail.
Human Resources Department
KATIVIK SCHOOL BOARD
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted
*The School Board reserves the right to submit the candidates to various tests intended to establish their skill level.
- Our organization
- Kativik School Board
- Commissioners’ council and executive committee
- Meeting minutes
- 2000 - 2001
- 2002 - 2003
- 2003 - 2004
- 2004 - 2005
- 2005 - 2006
- 2006 - 2007
- 2007 - 2008
- 2008 - 2009
- 2009 - 2010
- 2010 - 2011
- 2011 - 2012
- 2012 - 2013
- 2013 - 2014
- 2015 - 2016
- The Commissioners’ Council
- The Executive Committee
- Meeting minutes
- General administration
- School operations department
- Regular Sector Schools
- Akulivik - Tukisiniarvik School
- Aupaluk - Tarsakallak School
- Inukjuak - Innalik School
- Ivujivik - Nuvviti School
- Kangiqsualujjuaq - Ulluriaq School
- Kangiqsujuaq - Arsaniq School
- Kangirsuk - Sautjuit School
- Kuujjuaq - Jaanimmarik and Pitakallak Schools
- Kuujjuaraapik - Asimauttaq School
- Puvirnituq - Ikaarvik and Iguarsivik Schools
- Quaqtaq - Isummasaqvik School
- Salluit - Pigiurvik and Ikusik Schools
- Tasiujaq - Ajagutak School
- Umiujaq - Kiluutaq School
- Complementary Services
- Education services
- Training and research
- Adult Education
- Human resources and payroll department
- Finance and technical services department
- Material resources department
- Post-secondary Studies
- Policies and directives
- Compassionate Schools
- Bulletin board
- Intranet login