PRESS RELEASE: Students from Kuujjuaq, Quaqtaq and Aupaluk win the Nunavik Regional Science Fair prizes!
FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION
Students from Kuujjuaq, Quaqtaq and Aupaluk win the Nunavik Regional Science Fair prizes!
Kuujjuaq, Nunavik, Qc (February 17, 2017) – The names of the Nunavik Regional Science Fair winners were announced on Wednesday February 15, in Inukjuak. Youth from 12 of the 14 Nunavik communities were representing their schools at the event.
All participants were congratulated for their efforts as the names of the grand winners were announced.
The first prize ($500) was awarded to: Elia Lauzon and Qullik Whiteley-Tukkiapik, Secondary 4 from Kuujjuaq. Their project sought to determine which blood group was the most represented amongst the Kuujjuaq Inuit. In addition to winning the first prize, Elia and Qullik will have the opportunity to represent Nunavik at the Quebec Aboriginal Science Fair, in Odanak, from March 28 to 30, 2017.
The second prize ($300) was awarded to: Brian Annatok, Secondary 3 from Quaqtaq. Brian researched the northern lights phenomenon.
The third prize ($150) was awarded to: Eric Annahatak and Koby Kulula, Secondary 1 from Aupaluk, with a project exploring how to make fire logs using recycled paper.
Coordinated by the Kativik School Board, the Nunavik Regional Science Fair enjoys financial support from the Kativik Regional Government.
The Kativik School Board (KSB) was created in 1975, under the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement. Since 1978, it has been the exclusive provider of academic services to the Nunavik population. The education programs developed by the KSB are offered in all schools of the 14 Nunavik communities, in Inuktitut as first language and in French and English as second languages. The school board operates 17 primary and secondary schools as well as 5 adult education centres. More information at: www.kativik.qc.ca
--- 30 ---
For more information, please contact:
Photos © KSB
- Our organization
- Kativik School Board
- Commissioners’ council and executive committee
- Meeting minutes
- 2000 - 2001
- 2002 - 2003
- 2003 - 2004
- 2004 - 2005
- 2005 - 2006
- 2006 - 2007
- 2007 - 2008
- 2008 - 2009
- 2009 - 2010
- 2010 - 2011
- 2011 - 2012
- 2012 - 2013
- 2013 - 2014
- 2015 - 2016
- The Commissioners’ Council
- The Executive Committee
- Meeting minutes
- General administration
- School operations department
- Regular Sector Schools
- Akulivik - Tukisiniarvik School
- Aupaluk - Tarsakallak School
- Inukjuak - Innalik School
- Ivujivik - Nuvviti School
- Kangiqsualujjuaq - Ulluriaq School
- Kangiqsujuaq - Arsaniq School
- Kangirsuk - Sautjuit School
- Kuujjuaq - Jaanimmarik and Pitakallak Schools
- Kuujjuaraapik - Asimauttaq School
- Puvirnituq - Ikaarvik and Iguarsivik Schools
- Quaqtaq - Isummasaqvik School
- Salluit - Pigiurvik and Ikusik Schools
- Tasiujaq - Ajagutak School
- Umiujaq - Kiluutaq School
- Complementary Services
- Education services
- Training and research
- Adult Education
- Human resources and payroll department
- Finance and technical services department
- Material resources department
- Post-secondary Studies
- Policies and directives
- Compassionate Schools
- Bulletin board
- Intranet login